Pages

Photoshop Introduction

I set up the document by selecting "Print" and choosing the A4 size which is also 29.7cm by 21cm . I set the pixels to 300 to get the highest quality and RBG colour to 8 bits. (RGB- Red,Green,Blue) (CMYK- Cyan,Magenta,Yellow,Key). If you aren't printing the document you can change the settings to 72dpi, which isn't as high quality.

 I created a new layer as we never work on the background layer.
For this plain background I selected the paint bucket tool and changed the background colour to a light purple.
 For this background I selected the gradient tool and changed the foreground and background colours to light purple and red. I then used this tool and changed the settings so the red faded out more at the bottom.
 For this background I selected the "Filter" buttom on the topand selected the "Distort" button where I then used the "Twirl" effect where I then selected this to be placed at this point of the page. I used white (HEX #FFFFFF) for a light effect.
For this background I used the"Filter" button and used the "Pixelate" effects which was the "Fragment" effect. I used monochrome colours for this as I used a lighter shade of pink for the spacing between the lines. I changed the gradient of the lines as they disappear further down the page.
  For this background, again I selected the "Filter" button and selected the "Distort" effect but this time I used the "ZigZag" effect. For this I changed the spacing and thickness of the lines and I used a darker colour for the lines so they could be seen.
 For this background I selected the "Filter" button and used the "Render"effects. For this one I used the "Clouds" effect. Again I used monochrome colours of light purple and pink to show different shades in the effect.

For this I was experimenting with shapes and strokes. Before creating a shape I had to make sure that I had created a new layer. When I have added a shape to a layer I also needed to make sure that each time I add a shape I create a new layer. When creating a elliptical marquee tool to create a circle, just drag the curser at the point you wat the circle to be placed. To add colour to the circle you could use the paint bucket tool and choose a colour to fill in the shape. To do this, click the paint bucket tool and click inside the circle. To add a stroke to your shapes click the edit button and select stroke. You can changed the width and opacity and colour. To then deselect this you will hold down Control and D. I also used the rectangular marquee, which can also be selected in the tool menu.



This time I experimented with the Rectangular marquee shape in the tool menu. I then changed the opacity of the shapes and then pressed the shortcuts Control and T which allows you to transform the shape in many ways. When the tools appeared I selected the Warp tool which then let me change the shape of the rectangle and make the rectangles overlap. After I added a image into an elliptical marquee. To do this I copied an image from Google and pasted it into photoshop. I used the shortcut Control and V to paste it into photoshop. For my i8mage to fit inside the circle, I used the elliptical marquee tool and drew the circle over the photo. and help down Control C and then Control V to cut and paste the image. This then put the circle created onto a new layer and the rest of the picture would be on a separate layer which you could delete it you wanted to.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post

Reflection and Evaluation

For all my final products I used Pinterest for inspiration. I created boards for each of our projects so I could look back at some designs w...

Popular Posts