Pages

Reflection and Evaluation

For all my final products I used Pinterest for inspiration. I created boards for each of our projects so I could look back at some designs without losing the images that I liked. For the ones that inspired me, I looked at ways that I could make mine stand out from them.

For my positive poster I used a lot of colour theory, type face theory and shape theory.

For my main design of my poster I used monochromatic colours of Pink. As this colour is bright and catches peoples eye. I also used this colour because it is playful but also tender, so the person reading this quote could have an outlook of feeling inspired but also feeling calm as well.

For shape theory I wanted the hearts to be the main feature. This is because the hearts symbolises being loving and kind. I used the hearts as a symbol for you to do something you love even if there is a risk for doing it or doing something new and out of your comfort zone. Again using the same Pink scheme of colours to give off that tender view of the hearts to reflect loving and kindness. I also used a paint stroke brush in a monochromatic colour of pastel pink. I used this brush because it is a popular design on Pinterest, but I wanted to change mine up with adding spots and hearts to make the poster look more friendly.

For Type Face theory I used the font Zafino downloaded from Dafont. I used this text as it attracts a younger audience. I created a 3D effect so that it catches people's eye and for it to stand out more. I changed the leading in the characters pallet so that the text looked more pleasing and is easier to read so it's legible.

For my T-Shirt design, I used colour theory by using the black and white colours. I used the white background as it is innocent and pure. I used the black outline as it stands out from the white, it is classy but also plain. I kept the black plain, as I wanted to add a splash of colour by using a galaxy picture. This is because it goes well with the design itself. I chose the galaxy design to be mostly purple. I did this because the purple matches a galaxy theme as it shows mysteriousness and magic,  which the solar system is shown to be like.

For Shape Theory I used the circles as they show foreverness and friendliness. Foreverness reflects the galaxy as it's always there as well as being friendly. This shows friendliness because it is kind and magical. I used the stars as they are noticeable and bright again portraying the solar system. Even through it is dark there are magical parts of light coming from the stars and planets making them noticeable above all the darkness. This is similar to the moon. The moon is bright and noticeable, it brings light and is kind to us when darkness comes upon us. I wanted to add this moon onto my design as it brings this sense to stand out. For the block of colour, I wanted this to be a circle to match the planet and again the circle shows being positive and friendly.

For Type Face Theory, I didn't want to move the focus off of the design. So I kept it simple and didn't add in any text.

For my Creative CV I used monochromatic colours of pink, as I feel as though pink is friendly. I made this personal as I feel like the colour pink matches my personality as its bright and bubbly. For the header I used a grey colour. This is because it is modern and sophisticated. I also felt like this colour complimented the pink. The background is a lighter pink, this is because I wanted the shapes to be a darker shade of pink so they stood out as they have information on them. For the outline around my image, I used the same colour as the shapes, again so the image popped out to you but also so it matches and nothing looks out of place.  I used a smoke brush behind the shapes to create effect. I used a darker shade of pink so it made the background look less plain. For the icons I found icons that were grey on google, so it could match the header so its all in harmony. For my skills icons, I kept them their original colour, this is because the company has already created the colour theory behind these images. As I kept them bright this also created the effect that they stand out, so I can show off what programs I can use.

I used Shape Theory on my CV. I used Triangles for my work experience information and also about my education. I used this shape for this information as it is positive, and the triangles can show off my work experience and also my education. For the rectangle I wrote about me in this. Rectangles are seen to be plain and boring but I wanted to make the content inside the shape interesting. If I had used a triangle or Circle for this information I would have felt like it would of taken away the focus from the information written in the box.

For Type Face Theory, I used the font Ayuthaya for the headers, as I felt this is modern and stands out from the rest of the text, so it draws attention to the reader. For the text inside the boxes I used the text Myriad Pro. This is just the standard photoshop text. I used this as the information inside the shapes doesn't need to have a fancy font, as its the information rather than the font that needs to stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post

Reflection and Evaluation

For all my final products I used Pinterest for inspiration. I created boards for each of our projects so I could look back at some designs w...

Popular Posts