Pages

Text In Photoshop

For our next tutorial, we looked at adding text into our work. We did this by using the horizontal type tool and the horizontal type mask tool.


I payed around to see what fonts I could use. I selected the Window tab and clicked the Character button, which brought up the box on the right hand corner. Then I played around with the Leading and the Tracking.

For this text I found an image from google and used the horizontal type mask tool again but this time I changed the font and size of the text. I then clicked the Rectangular marquee tool to move the text. Then ctrl X and V which cut out the text. The overlay of the text would be put on a new layer which I then moved underneath. 


Firstly, for this text I used the text tool to write a positive message. Then I duplicated it by pressing control J. I moved the text to -45 degrees. You can change the angle at the top where there is a triangle button. Then I clicked the alt button and used the downwards arrow to make the text have more layers to create the effect that it looked thicker. Then I had to merge the layers together by holding shift and dragging down the to select all. Then to merge hold down control T and put the original layer back on.



For this text around a path, I used the elliptical marquee tool to create a circle. Then on the layers pallet click the path tool and the circle button at the bottom of the pallet. Then I selected the text tool and hovered over the circle until the wiggly line appeared then I created the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post

Reflection and Evaluation

For all my final products I used Pinterest for inspiration. I created boards for each of our projects so I could look back at some designs w...

Popular Posts