Pages

My Final Positive Poster

For my positive poster I got inspiration from Pinterest to see what designs were popular and how I could make mine stand out from the rest. Once I decided on a slogan, I picked a background design. Firstly I decided to use monochromatic colours of pastel pink as I feel like these colours give off a warm and calm vibe, which should make the reader feel inspired.
I downloaded a firefly brush for the spots. I used this brush so that the brush strokes weren't over used. These also were to fill in any white spaces. For the paint brush strokes, these were again a brush. I used multiple of these to change the design and I also played around with the colours so they didn't blend into one another. For the hearts again this was a brush ( all brushes were downloaded from brusheezy ). I used these hearts as they symbolise hope, which goes well with the quote I used, again to make the reader feel motivated.
For the text I used the font Zapfino. I downloaded this font from DaFont. For the 3D effect I created multiple copies of the text by duplicating it by pressing control J. I moved the text to -45 degrees. You can change the angle at the top where there is a triangle button. Then I clicked the alt button and used the downwards arrow to make the text have more layers to create the effect that it looked thicker. Then I had to merge the layers together by holding shift and dragging down the to select all. Then to merge the layer I held down control T and put the original layer back on. I used this pink colour as it is tender and delightful. For the background text colour I used white as it's pure and clean.



This was the first poster I created. As you can see I changed the text and the moon changed to hearts. I wasn't happy with this result as I felt the text was plain and the moon didn't symbolise anything. But the colours and the background patterns stayed the same and I really felt like this was a good touch to my poster. I also felt as this design was bland and I couldn't find myself being inspired by this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post

Reflection and Evaluation

For all my final products I used Pinterest for inspiration. I created boards for each of our projects so I could look back at some designs w...

Popular Posts